Trees located along streets act as a glare and reflection control.
Arbor Aid 2012 Artist Application
Thank you for your interest in Arbor Aid 2012! Please complete this form as best you can--you can just enter your contact information if you are unsure of what you are creating. Caitlin, the event coordinator, will be in touch with you. Arbor Aid is a one-evening fundraising event for Tree Pittsburgh. We plan to extend the exhibit with a juried gallery showing in early 2013, and hope to create a listing for all participating artists on our website as a resource for the many people who are interested in reclaimed wood furniture and artwork.
- Main Contact: Caitlin Lenahan, 412-362-6360, Caitlin@treepittsburgh.org
- Any proceeds from art sales go directly to the artist: Tree Pittsburgh retains 10% of the sale.
- Exhibition Date: Saturday November 10th, 2012
- Location: To be determined!
- Description: Repurposed Urban Waste Wood, themed Story/Legacy
Applications for submission must be received by September 15th, 2012.
- • Artists will be notified of other materials necessary for the exhibit, such as high-quality photographs, video, etc and will be asked to submit a short artist’s statement.
- • Up to 3 pieces of work may be submitted, but priority will be given to work that includes images of the raw material, description of its history, and images of the process of creating work.
- • Images of completed work are due to Tree Pittsburgh by October 1st for inclusion in the show and show catalog.
Attach a high quality image of each piece and email it to Caitlin@treepittsburgh.org. When emailing images of your pieces, please title the images LAST NAME_FIRSTNAME _PIECE NAME_2012 (This can be completed closer to the show date).
Applications for submission must be received, with photos of your work, by September 15th, 2011.